Young Artists’ Water Education Poster Contest
There was a mix-up and the wrong theme was sent out via postcard. This is the correct theme.
2020 Poster Contest Rules
Posters must be postmarked by February 29, 2020.
Entries must relate to the 2020 theme,
The Water Around Me
- Poster size is to be from 11” x 17” to 22” x 28” Entries smaller than 11” x 17” are NOT eligible! We encourage 22” x 28” for scanning and printing purposes.
- Entries will be judged on basis of concept first and creative thought, sound principles, and artistic rendition second. Teacher and parental input is acceptable in development of the theme and principles upon which the artwork is based. Artistic rendition should be done solely by student. Combined entries by two or more students are not eligible.
- An entry form must be completed for each state level entry, include student, teacher or parent signatures, and be taped on the back of the entry.
- Entries become the property of the Utah Division of Water Resources. They may be used by the Division for educational purposes.
- Entries accompanied by $4 for postage and handling fee will be returned to students.
- Each Utah elementary school may submit one entry for state judging. Schools submitting more than one entry will be disqualified.
- Each participant will receive a certificate.
- Teachers are responsible for judging at the classroom level. They may request assistance from PTA volunteers, community artists, and/or local water experts.
- State-level judging is under the direction of the Utah Division of Water Resources. Judging will be completed without referencing names or schools. One winner per river basin will be chosen.
- All state entries must be postmarked by February 29, 2020 to qualify for state judging.
- Drawing: Crayon, chalk, charcoal, pencil, ink, or any other medium may be used for drawing or sketching.
- Painting: Any appropriate paint such as tempera, oil, and watercolor may be used.
- Collage: Materials deemed suitable by art teachers. Collage composition should be secure enough to travel. Because of rough handling in the mail and effects of climatic changes, collages are strongly discouraged! Please be aware of any copyrighted images copied from the internet. These pictures can be used for educational purposes except where a prize is concerned.
- Print making: All graphic processes including linoleum cuts, and serigraphs may be used.
- River Basin Winners will be honored at the Water Education Awards Banquet on May 2, 2020. Each basin winner will receive $100.
- The winning school will receive $125. Transportation and housing will be at winner’s expense. Individual trophies and school plaques will be awarded.
- Contact our Water Education Specialist at 801-538-7299 for more information.